OB/GYN - Physician
Location: CT - Derby
Job ID: 8413
Non-profit hospital-owned multi-specialty group serving New Haven County and the surrounding community is actively seeking an OB/GYN physician to join our group, providing high quality medical and surgical care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in an office-based setting as well as providing on-call coverage to our Hospital's Childbirth Center.
- Provides medical care related to pregnancy and the female reproductive system.
- Examines patients, obtains medical histories.
- Screens for breast, cervix and ovarian cancers.
- Delivers babies, either vaginally or by cesarean section.
- Treats patients for urinary tract and pelvic disorders, hormonal disorders and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Creates treatment plans.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to specialists and hospital programs.
- Ensures proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete.
- Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing and coding.
- Promotes wellness and health education.
- Participates in on-call coverage with OBGYN providers. Call rotation of 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.
- Provides quality supervision of residents, medical students, nurses, medical assistants, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff at the site.
- Graduation from accredited medical school (MD or DO).
- Graduation from accredited OBGYN residency program.
- Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license or ability to obtain.
- Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate.
- Board certified in OBGYN medicine.
- Three years of experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation based on productivity and quality measures.
- Physician will also share in bonus awards from based on participation in quality or utilization programs from various insurers.
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, holidays, sick time and CME.
- Benefits include medical, vision, dental (including orthodontia), 401k with employer match and CME allowance.
- Relocation assistance and hiring bonus may be included.
- H-1B Cap Exempt. Willing to sponsor Green Card applications.
Located in the center of a triangle bordered by New Haven on the east, Bridgeport to the south and Waterbury to the north, our location is the hub of one of the largest metropolitan areas in the state, yet maintains its peaceful suburban charm. Route 8 provides a vital north-south link to major interstate highways 84 and 95. New York is little more than an hour's drive and Boston is about 2 hours away making this area an ideal place to live, work and play.
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.