Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep needed in CT
Location: CT - Stamford
Job ID: 9027
One of the leading pulmonary groups in Connecticut practicing a unique blend of Hospital-based pulmonary, sleep and critical care medicine combined with an office practice. Our 8 physicians were trained at the following institutions: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Albert Einstein, Boston University, Washington University in St. Louis, Mount Sinai, and University of Pennsylvania. All are triple boarded in IM/Pulm/CC, with 2 sleep boarded physicians, and members with additional boards in Allergy/Immunology, palliative care, pediatrics, and interventional pulmonology. In addition to our pulmonary and sleep offices, our practice includes all procedures associated with the above specialties including interventional pulmonary, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, and bedside ultrasound. We maintain an active clinical pharmaceutical trials program.
Highlights of the Position:
- The position is a partnership track with 1/9 weekday call, shared evenly among all partners from the start.
- Weekends begin at 11/year, and become less frequent until full partner, when call is shared evenly.
- Vacation / CME time begins at 6 weeks and increases to 9 weeks when partner! Workweek is 4.5 days.
- Health insurance, malpractice, CME, and licensing fees are paid through the group.
- Full time and part time candidates will be considered.
- The practice is based exclusively at Stamford Hospital, no traveling off site is required as part of the practice.
- Candidates can tailor their practice to match their specific interests, but there will be some requirement for pulmonary and critical care as part of the call schedule.
- The Stamford area is on the Long Island Sound, 50 minutes from N.Y.C. and is an excellent place to live and raise a family.
The practice has the responsibility for directorship of the following areas: Intensive Care Unit, Respiratory Therapy Dept., Pulmonary Medicine Dept., Pulmonary Function Laboratory, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services and the Sleep Center.
Our sleep center is a 6-bed facility that is nationally accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. We treat patients with all sleep disorders, including adults and children. We have an active home sleep study program and perform over 1,500 studies a year.
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.