Director of Operations, Surgical Services
Location: ME - Bangor
Job ID: 9299
Operations Director, Surgical Services
Location: Bangor, Maine
Our client, a 100+ bed acute care facility, located in Bangor, Maine, has retained our recruiting firm to help them identify a talented Operations Director, Surgical Services.
This open position is 1 of 2 Directors overseeing this service line. The other Director is a Nurse, therefore a 'non-nurse' professional can be considered for this open position.
The Director reports to the VP of Patient Care Services. The Director role has 24-hour responsibility for the Operating Room, Sterile Processing, PAT, Ambulatory Surgery, Endoscopy and Post Anesthesia Care units. The Director acts as a liaison between the medical staff, patients, senior leadership, nursing staff and other disciplines and collaborates as appropriate on issues of patient care.
- Assures that the Mission and Vision of the organization are followed.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates services within the surgical service line.
- Ensures compliance with licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Monitors quality of care and promotes patient safety in the surgical environment.
- Manages difficulties which may influence efficient operations.
- Works collaboratively to problem-solve and achieve desired outcomes.
- Accountable for development and maintenance of the unit budgets.
- Develops and updates standards and policies based on best practices and which promote high quality, patient care.
- Accountable for efficient use of all resources: personnel, material, financial, including capital equipment acquisitions over short and long range period of time.
- Monitors volume and other statistics as it relates to staff utilization, efficiency, productivity and actively seeks to achieve targets.
- Plans for future direction and growth of departments in a strategic manner.
- Manages materials, value analysis, and performance improvement activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of leadership experience with strong understanding of surgical services.
- Sound understanding of healthcare business operations and supply chain.
- Ability to effect change and think strategically for growth opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills.
FTE's (reminder - there are 2 directors overseeing these areas):
- Pre-Admission Testing/Ambulatory Surgery: 17.3
- OR: 34.5
- PACU: 9.3
- ENDO: 25.2
- Sterile Processing (SPD): 11.4
# of Procedures:
- OR: 4,228 (2019 Projected), 4,134 (2018 Actual)
- Endo: 5,513 (2019 Projected), 4,337 (2018 (Actual)
Our client is also a proud member of a larger health system, and is an innovative, regional health delivery network and a leader in values-based, not-for-profit health and elder care. The health system consists of hospitals, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, assisted living residences, and community-based health and elder care organizations throughout New England & Pennsylvania. We believe in providing our employees with a place to grow professionally and personally in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We seek to recruit and retain outstanding candidates for each position within our organization. We view all of our dedicated employees as crucial to our goal of providing outstanding patient care. Our highly competitive salaries are market-based and experience rated. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and flexible benefits program. It is designed to provide you and your family valuable resources to protect and enhance your health and financial security and to help balance your work and personal lives. We recognize the value of our employees' time, both at work and at home. We believe in promoting a healthy and effective balance between your work and life responsibilities. We are proud to offer our employees additional benefits like wellness programs, earned time off, extended sick leave, leaves of absence, family and medical leave and professional development and education opportunities.
The millennium edition of Places Rated Almanac ranks beautiful Bangor as the nation's #1 small city! Whether you enjoy dining, the arts, the great outdoors, history, architecture, shopping or sports, you're sure to find something to do and lots to love in Bangor. The region is well-known as one of Maine's gateway communities. Its central location allows you great access to everything Maine has to offer - scenic coastline and beaches, camping and hiking, charming downtowns and shopping, theater and the arts and so much more.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.