Toxicology Lab Supervisor, 9p - 5:30a
Location: MA - Southborough
Job ID: 9326
TOXICOLOGY LAB SUPERVISOR
Night Shift: 9p - 5:30a, Tuesday - Saturday
Salary: $86K - $115K, plus up to $10K sign-on bonus, plus 5% yearly bonus
Relocation assistance available
Location: 30 miles West of Boston, MA
Our client is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing and information services. They recently built a state-of-the-art clinical test laboratory 30 miles West of Boston, MA. Dubbed the "lab of the future" for its innovative use of technology and building design, the facility provides a broad range of advanced clinical testing services for patients and physicians in New England.
- Extremely competitive salary.
- Great benefit package.
- Newly created position.
- Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on the night shift. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
- Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.). Staff of 30 includes 2 Group Leads, Med Techs, and Lab Assistants.
- Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation.
- Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
- Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
- Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
- Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
- Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology, or similar field.
- 3+ years of Clinical Lab experience, including 2+ years previous Toxicology experience working in a clinical laboratory, hospital or possibly Pain Clinic performing large number of tests utilizing the LCMS methodology.
- 1+ years of leadership experience.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.