Clinical Flow Cytometry Med Tech
Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9312
Clinical Flow Cytometry Med Tech (B.S. or A.S)
Location: Boston Teaching Hospital
Shift: Days (9a - 5:30p)
- Processes blood, bone marrow, body fluid, and tissue specimens for flow cytometric analysis.
- Performs the following by Flow Cytometry: Immunophenotyping, intracellular staining, T cell subsets, PNH testing, and CD 34 enumeration.
- Utilizes an automated flow cytometer and complex computer functions for acquisition and analysis.
- Understands the concept of fluorescent staining and gating of cell populations.
- Recognizes abnormal cell populations for analysis.
- Recognizes abnormal results and problems with samples that may cause abnormal results.
- Performs Quality Control testing on flow cytometer and reagents to ensure reliability and accuracy in reporting patient results.
- Documents out of range QC and takes appropriate corrective action, in accordance with procedure.
- Recognizes problems with instrumentation through patient testing. Trouble-shoots minor to moderate technical problems on flow cytometer and processing equipment.
- Orders tests in CoPath.
- Bachelors or Associates with a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Flow Cytometry experience.
- ASCP certification is a plus.
- Experience with Beckman Coulter Navios flow cytometer and Kaluza software is preferred.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.