Blood Bank MT/MLS - night shift
Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9258
MT/MLS/MLT - Blood Bank
Full-Time Night Shift
Location: Boston Teaching Hospital
- Performs work in a manner that ensures accurate test results to include ABO, Rh, antibody screening, compatibility testing, direct antiglobulin test, transfusion reaction investigation.
- Performs all tasks required, including but not limited to answering phone calls, specimen log in, filling orders and issuing products.
- Selects products for transfusion to minimize wastage.
- Maintains optimal workflow for the area and incorporates STAT requests in with routine testing.
- Follows up on samples with discrepant results and communicates with coworkers when additional work is required.
- Operates Blood Bank instrumentation efficiently.
- Performs basic troubleshooting.
- Performs QC and equipment maintenance.
- Accurately logs blood products, tissue and supplies into inventory.
- Performs all Reference procedures, is able to recognize, investigate and resolve basic and intermediate serological problems to completion.
- Bachelor Degree or Associates Degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Physical, or biological science.
- ASCP certification or equivalent, or eligible.
- 1+ years of experience as an MT/MLS/MLT on any bench. Willing to train on Blood Bank.
- Weekend rotation: once every 4th weekend.
- Night shift diff: $6.50/hr.
- Work schedule: 11:30p - 8a
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.