Microbiology Clinical Supervisor, Full Time, Days
Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9359
Microbiology Clinical Supervisor
Full-time, Day Shift
Location: Boston Teaching Hospital
- The Clinical Supervisor, will be delegated the responsibility of the technical and scientific oversight of the Microbiology laboratory including the day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting results.
- Under the general supervision of the Technical Director, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the overall direction and daily supervision of work activities of personnel engaged in the performance and interpretation of clinical laboratories testing procedures, which are used to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Under general supervision, carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department's standard operating procedures.
- Works independently in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records.
- The work requires a professional level of knowledge to read and interpret accurately test results used by providers in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of current work experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership capacity.
- ASCP certification or equivalent required.
- Expertise in Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST) is preferred.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence.
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.