Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9422
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift
Location: Boston Teaching Hospital
- $5K sign-on bonus
- Reporting to the Manager of Microbiology, this position is responsible for technical and administrative supervision of the Microbiology Section of the department and its staff (16 FTE's).
- In collaboration with the Manager, the Supervisor will assist in maintenance of CAP accreditation, maintenance of the analytical systems of the laboratory, monitoring the quality control program, inventory management, directing subordinate personnel, inventory management.
- Supervisor is responsible for scheduling, and provides training in Microbiology, Molecular, Mycobacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, Virology, and medical laboratory science to fellows, residents, interns, and medical technology students.
A. JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the types of instruments and analytical systems, manual and automated used in the laboratory.
- Good working knowledge of the operation of computerized data processing and laboratory information systems.
- The ability to direct and supervise effectively a large group of technologists and/or support personnel.
- The ability to organize and coordinate a variety of complex tasks to achieve consistent and efficient production and delivery of high quality laboratory work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree of Science or Medical Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Master's Degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, Healthcare or Business Administration is a plus.
- Technical experience of 4 or more years working in a clinical laboratory. At least 2 of these years must have been in a leadership role in a hospital laboratory of similar size, range of tests, instrumentation and workload.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- ASCP or NCA certification required.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.