Quality Assurance/ Point of Care testing Coordinator
Location: MA - Tewksbury
Job ID: 9425
Quality Assurance/ Point of Care Coordinator
Location: Tewksbury, MA
- $6K sign-on bonus
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free on-campus parking
This is a dual role. The Quality Assurance Coordinator function coordinates and monitors the laboratory QA program, and is responsible for CAP Laboratory General Checklist. The Point of Care Coordinator function provides support of point of care testing throughout the organization, including off-site locations, and is responsible for support of waived and moderate complexity point of care testing. Serves as a technical resource for testing sites.
- Coordinates and monitors the laboratory QA program; works closely with Laboratory Director, Managers and Supervisors to plan, schedule, and implement QA related activities.
- Ensures that Laboratory Services meets all requirements for accreditation by the College of American Pathologist.
- Responsible for CAP Laboratory general Checklist.
- Prepares routine and special reports to assist Managers and Supervisors in Quality Related investigations.
- Prepares and leads monthly Performance Improvement Meetings.
- Provides support to Point of Care Coordinator in day to day oversight of point of care testing activities (waived and moderate complexity) throughout the organization, including off-site locations.
- Serves as a resource to provide operational and technical consultation to departments outside the Laboratory for point of care testing.
- Identifies, defines, and resolves technical issues associated with point of care testing.
- Ensures compliance with accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates completion of 6-month and annual competency assessment, ensuring assessment is performed by qualified personnel, timeliness, and appropriate documentation of all required elements of competency.
- Coordinates completion of proficiency testing, associated result reporting, and review of evaluation reports for point of care testing.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Med Tech in a clinical lab or in Point of Care.
- Must have some Lab QA experience along with CAP inspection and regulatory compliance preparation.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.