Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9623
Medical Technologist - 2 openings
M-F, Day Shift
Location: Boston, MA
- Lucrative compensation package, including yearly bonus.
- Top notch benefit package, including many company perks.
- These positions offer the opportunity to get involved with pre-clinical and clinical trials testing.
For both the Medical Technologist positions, the 'must have' requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological science, or Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- National certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) through ASCP or equivalent.
Our client is located in the heart of the world's biotech innovation hub and boasts a 20-plus-year track record of delivering premier bioanalytical services along with specialized diagnostic testing. This facility houses seasoned scientists that collectively have developed, optimized, and validated hundreds of assays for innovative biologic drugs across an array of disease states. They support the full assay lifecycle, from optimization or technology transfer to full validation. This lab can also perform routine sample testing for LDTs or assays developed in-house. They support pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovators of all sizes in their efforts to progress innovative new large molecule drugs to market.
CUSTOM AND SPECIALIZED DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
Our client's diagnostic CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited, New York State-licensed Boston laboratory - offers diagnostic testing services to reference labs for a diverse range of clinical samples, accepted from all 50 states. They specialize in esoteric testing using FDA-cleared assays and laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for infectious disease testing, diagnostic immunology, vitamin testing, parasite-borne infection testing, and more.
The Medical Technologist is responsible for performing high complexity Clinical Diagnostic patient testing and ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to established procedures including quality control, quality assurance, and safety procedures as well as all relevant regulations.
- Performing high complexity testing according to approved procedures and within established turnaround times.
- Performing specimen handling and processing according to establish procedures.
- Preparing reagents and documenting preparation and expiration requirements.
- Accurately documenting all assay components for maximum sample and run traceability.
- Entering, reviewing, approving, and releasing specimen results to clients.
- Analyzing, reviewing, approving, and reporting test and quality control results according to established acceptance criteria and approved procedures.
- Performing and documenting routine equipment use, maintenance, calibration as well as routine, scheduled, and unscheduled preventive maintenance.
- Identifying problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and taking appropriate action including notification of Laboratory Management.
- Participating in method development and equipment qualification activities as directed by Laboratory Management.
- Training other technologists on tests and laboratory procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related life science.
- National certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Not less than three (3) years' experience testing moderate to high complexity assays.
- Strong knowledge and application of CLIA, CAP, and NYS DOH CLEP regulation, standards, and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage, set, and organize multiple priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Ability to collect and analyze data using statistical methods.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in LIMS and Quality Management software packages.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.