Location: MA - Cambridge
Job ID: 9603
MOLECULAR TECHNOLOGIST - Night Shift
Location: Cambridge, MA
Relocation Bonus (if applicable)
Our client is leading a transformation in cancer care. They are considered all of the following: a medical device company, a clinical R&D company, a clinical Lab, and a clinical data and technology company. They were named a Best Place to Work from the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe.
- Due to growth, our client has needs for several Molecular Technologists on the 3rd shift.
The Molecular Technologist performs procedures in a complex patient sample testing process with limited supervision. Most prominently, the position is responsible for solution and reagent preparation, equipment maintenance, and the handling and testing of patient specimens. The incumbent works one of three established shifts and may be assigned to work any day that the lab is operational.
- Prepare the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) library.
- Under limited supervision of senior lab personnel and in adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
- Extract and isolate nucleic acids.
- Complete hybridization capture, and genetic sequencing methods.
- Operate automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling platforms.
- Operate quantification, sizing, and NGS instruments.
- Perform any other patient and client sample testing and processing steps needed.
- Perform workflow that maintains quality, thoroughness, and optimum efficiency for Turn Around Time (TAT).
- Utilize the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to track and execute sample processing.
- Document executed process steps per Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Update and maintain records and data on test results per GDP.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks.
- Participate in additional continuous quality improvement activities.
- Adhere to safety protocols, such as wearing laboratory coats and required safety gear.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the labs.
- Collaborate on SOPs revisions and drafts as needed to adjust for process improvement initiatives and regulatory changes.
- Review SOPs at set intervals and sign-off to document knowledge of these procedures.
- Document and assist with investigations for non-compliance events via Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs),
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPAs) and other reports.
"Must Have" Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or life science.
- 1+ years of laboratory work experience in a CAP/CLIA regulated lab.
- Experience with at least 1 of the following: DNA or RNA manipulation and extraction techniques such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) or Sanger Sequencing, enzymatic reactions, sequencing chemistry, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), &/or familiarity with high throughput platforms and common molecular lab equipment (such as pipettes, thermocyclers, and liquid handlers).
- Molecular Biology American Society of Clinical Pathology (MB-ASCP) Certification.
- Quality System Regulations (QSR) compliant laboratory experience.
- Familiarity of and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry.
- Familiarity with high throughput platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment (such as pipettes, thermocyclers, and liquid handlers).
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Experience ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the laboratory in the areas of sample processing, equipment maintenance, and SOPs.
- Knowledge about laboratory safety protocols
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor both as an individual contributor and in a team.
- Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment.
- Work in the presence of chemicals and reagents in a laboratory environment.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, most specifically Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent skills of written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.