Location: MA - Waltham
Job ID: 9461
2 openings at 2 different locations
1) Full-time, M-F, Day Shift
Location: Needham, MA
The Clinical Laboratory/Division of Pathology is an integral part of the patient care provided by this hospital. The laboratory provides state of the art testing services for both in-patients and outpatients. These services include anatomical pathology, cytopathology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, hematology, transfusion medicine and immunology.
- Embeds, cuts, and stains all specimens processed in the histology section of the lab daily.
- Assists the Pathologist with grossing of Anatomic Pathology Specimens daily.
- Obtains, processes and prepares specimens for subsequent testing, as assigned.
- Performs quality control procedures and appropriate instrument checks, reviews and records these results daily.
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance to assure proper operation; records the procedures performed as needed.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registration ASCP Registered preferred
- 1+ years related work experience required.
2) Full-time, Tue - Sat, 11pm - 7am
Shift Differential - Additional 15% for night shift
Weekends Differential - Additional 10%
Location: Marlborough, MA
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
- Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
- Perform all special stain procedures.
- May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
- May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
- May perform IHC testing.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures.
- Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
- 1+ years as a Histotech.
- minimum Associate's Degree in Histotechnology.
- ASCP certified HTL or HT, or eligible
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.