Location: MA - Boston
Job ID: 9638
Location: Boston Teaching Hospital
Reporting to the Anatomic Pathology Manager and Surgical Pathology Medical Director, this position is responsible for the overall function, including supervision and technical support for the Histology Laboratory including Histology related Special Procedures (includes but not limited to Immunohistochemistry, Electron Microscopy, Immunofluorescence , In situ hybridization, Neuropathology).
- Staffing of the Histology Lab and Special Procedures areas.
- Training and competency.
- Routine workflow.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Quality management.
- Resource management.
- HTL or HT certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- 3+ years of progressively more responsible experience in a Histology Laboratory including some supervisory experience.
- A broad knowledge of the histology laboratory with special emphasis on immunohistochemistry and special stain procedures as well as a detailed knowledge of more specialized embedding, sectioning and histochemical techniques is required.
- Some general knowledge of electron microscopy, imrnunoperoxidase and immunofluorescent techniques.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.