Technical Director: Clinical Laboratory/ Microbiology / Immunology / Virology
Location: PA - Erie
Job ID: 9658
Technical Director: Clinical Laboratory / Microbiology / Immunology / Virology
Location: Erie, PA
- Targeted salary: $120K - $130K, plus 15% bonus
Sign-on bonus and/or relocation assistance available
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Technical Director you will review project plans to ensure scientific integrity, consistency with departmental strategy, and achievability of deliverables and dates. Provide expert advice to management and technical personnel regarding development technologies and activities. Hire, train, and review staff. Be accountable for quality and timeliness of projects involving themselves or their staff. Provide guidance and teach at the affiliated medical technology school.
This position will work in both a reference lab setting as well as provide technical support to the hospitals in which the business manages inpatient/hospital laboratories.
- Work with senior management to manage projects according to company priorities.
- Evaluate technologies for possible departmental and company use.
- As member of companies Senior Leadership Team (SLT), contribute ideas for new services.
- Provide technical input and guidance to project teams and technical staff.
- Participate in developing and implementing process improvements
- Review, interpret and report patient results reliably and accurately.
- Develop rapport with internal staff and physician clients including consultation with Infectious Diseases physicians.
- Supervise direct reports; including interviewing, hiring, training, goal setting, performance evaluation, prioritization of work, salary administration, career development, and compliance with personnel, financial, and safety policies.
- Present or support their staff in presenting technologies at meetings and customer or partner meetings.
- Ensure that staff is trained in and follows the safety requirements of the company.
- Develop and teach MT students at affiliated NAACL's accredited MT school.
- Serve as change agent within Microbiology department.
- A PhD in microbiologic, biological, chemical, or molecular sciences with ABMM Board Certification or eligibility.
- NYSDOH CQ holder or eligible in Comprehensive Virology. NYSDOH CQ holder or eligible in Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Parasitology, and Diagnostic Immunology.
- Diplomate American Board of Medical Microbiology required.
- Must be able to lead projects and programs, set standards, and train staff.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Must develop staff to independently solve technical problems;
- Must be able to resolve conflicts at both the project team and management level. Familiarity with clinical laboratory practices and operations is required.
- Must be able to work with Physicians and PharmDs to provide data that will assist the medical staff to select empiric therapy, to order appropriate microbiologic tests, and to interpret culture results and antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Must be able to select appropriate test methods, develop validation protocols, and assess feasibility of introducing new tests that improve patient care.
- Must be able to interpret test results in multiple disciplines of Microbiology, Virology, and Molecular diagnostics.
- Must be able to lead a team to prioritize provision of excellent patient care.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Total Quality Management.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.