Certified Surgical Technologist
Location: MA - Needham
Job ID: 9695
Certified Surgical Technologist - 2 openings
Choose between 24 hrs/wk - 40 hrs/wk
Choose 10 hr shift or 8 hr shifts
Location: Needham, MA
- Recent salary market adjustments.
- $3/hr special diff for Surg Techs.
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager of Perioperative Services, the surgical technologist performs all responsibilities in a manner that demonstrates Service Excellence towards patients, physicians, peers and other departments. Maintains technical skills to serve a patient population comprised of infancy to geriatric clients. Prepares Operating Room with appropriate instrumentation, equipment and supplies necessary for patient care. Demonstrates and practices a good understanding of sterile technique.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited surgical technology program; Certified surgical technologist credential administered by a nationally recognized surgical technologist certifying body accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and recognized by the American College of Surgeons and the Association of Surgical Technologists.
- 1+ years of surgical technology experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others as a member of a closely integrated team.
- Prepares the OR room with appropriate instrument, sutures, supplies, and equipment necessary for each individual procedure as outlined in departmental policy manual.
- Refers to pre-printed preference cards when choosing supplies, etc. for each surgical case.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting the surgeon and the perioperative team during surgical procedures.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures, with regard to appropriately scrubbing, gowning, gloving, observing strict aseptic technique.
- Follows strict aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Demonstrates competence with regard to the proper handling of surgical specimens and medications on the sterile field.
- Maintains and demonstrates an awareness of responsibilities when performing the surgical counts (sponge, sharps, miscellaneous items, and instruments) when appropriate.
- Maintains competence in use of equipment and supplies including, but not limited to safety in areas of electrosurgery, laser and power equipment, as well as needle and sharp handling.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle unexpected situations with calm efficiency; functions appropriately in emergency situations; prioritizes appropriately.
- Follows direction of the circulating registered nurse to assure maximum patient care outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to function on call, able to prepare for emergency surgery; knows what to pull in terms of instruments and supplies for emergency surgical procedures without the use of a pre-printed preference card.
- Total Surgical Cases currently averaging 4,300+ cases per year with demonstrated year over year growth in total cases (6 ORs).
- OR Case Mix consists of general surgery, ENT, Ortho, GYN, Plastics, Breast, Urology, Podiatry, Gastro, and Vascular.
- We do not perform cranio, hearts, transplants, or organ harvesting.
- 750 Total Staff, 200 RNs, 720 Active Medical and Allied Health Practitioners.
- Community Hospital with a direct affiliation with a Boston Teaching Hospital.
- The hospital offers a competitive salary, earned time off program, HPHC Medical Plans (3), 403b, employer-sponsored pension plan, life and disability programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Free parking and shuttle service from local lots.
- The hospital is walking distance from the Needham Commuter Rail.
- Great team environment.
All communication will be held in strictest confidence
Fill out the simple form below and attach your resume in Word or PDF format.